What it is
StreamFile Core™ Enterprise is a cross-platform, web-based software application for large teams that enables them to receive IP video protocols and encode them into editor-friendly formats, such as ProRes, DNx, XDCAM and H.264. It integrates support for both NewTek®’s NDI and Haivision’s SRT protocols, thereby delivering added IP and streaming capabilities.
Offering support for an unlimited number of record channels based on hardware performance, StreamFile Core Enterprise is licensed based on the number of channels needed. It can be used on-prem or in the cloud, including on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud service providers. These models can be mixed to support on-prem productions that include remote contribution.
The product supports several codecs, including the ability to record ProRes and DNx with both .mxf and .mov wrappers as well as H.264 as .mp4, enabling users working remotely to turn their NDI and SRT streams into edit-ready files for Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. It is also agnostic in terms of frame rate and resolution. Its unique resolution scaling feature allows for continuous recording despite network hiccups and video sources such as web meetings down-scaling by automatically scaling back to the desired resolution.
The technology underpinning of StreamFile Core Enterprise is the same as that used by our award winning mRes encoder. The solution makes it possible for facilities and studios transitioning to an IP-based platform to use their existing NLEs, graphics and digital infrastructures. It bridges the gap between IP-based video technology and legacy baseband recording workflows.
StreamFile Core Enterprise also provides a web-browser agnostic, cross-platform IP stream multiviewer with extremely low latency. The multiviewer permission system can give team members a way to see live feeds without having to run traditional cables to production offices.
All StreamFile Core Enterprise features are secured and managed through granular administrator-defined user credentials. Permission levels for operators, production supervisor and producer are supported. Multiview pages can also be shared publicly or with a password and locked when permission needs to be revoked.
- Allows for encoding of the popular NewTek NDI® and Haivision SRT IP standards.
- Facilitates the recording of popular file-based codecs such as Apple ProRes and Avid DNx.
- Enables facilities moving to work-from-home or IP-based platforms to utilize their existing NLE, graphics, and digital system infrastructures
- Agnostic to frame rate and resolution
- Lock resolution of incoming video to stabilize streams that jump between resolution based on network conditions
- Scale the number of encode channels per machine based on device performance
- Future-proof the ability to utilize IP video standards without any hardware upgrades to existing systems
- Simple set-up, easy to use, optimal performance
NDI ® is a registered trademark of Newtek